Monday, December 21, 2015

Module 3

After watching the video Classical Conditioning, I really agree with it because people uses the somewhat the same thing. For example, we use the sound of our morning alarm to wake up. Our brain is train to know that when we hear that alarm in the morning, we know that it’s time to go to work. Same as in the video, when the dog hears the bell after showing it food it will eventually be train to think it’s time to eat. Therefore, every time it hears the same bell, it will know that it’s time to eat. After reading the Positive Reinforcement Exercise, I did a lot better the second time around. Just like when I took the IQ test for the second time, I felt better with my scores. One might not do well the first time but after a second try, one can feel better about their scores. I learned a lot in positive reinforcement and I enjoyed it.


             In chapter seven (Negative Reinforcement), I found this section very interesting.  I believe that negative reinforcement can be as punishment in a way. Unconsciously, I did not realize that I used this type of reinforcement every day.   For example, when the teacher tells the students to line up and they begin to talk.  I would say, “If you are talking go back and sit down.”  Of course, they do not go back to sit down. They already know what I am going to say. So the next time they line up, the students look at me to see if I am going to say “If you’re talking go back and sit down.” For some reason while reading this section, this scenario popped in my head. I felt that part of me saying what I say is a negative reinforcement. In other words, they are being punished by going back to their seat if they talk in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment