Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Module 4

After watching the video Constructivist Social Studies, I found it interesting that the students were group together and each group had to create their own project. I believe by doing this will help a child create cognitive thinking, be able to solve problems and learn to become an individual. Another thing I notice was the students went around the room presenting their projects and taking pride of their work. Being able to interact and perhaps take some criticism from their other peers is a part of learning.   In Chapter 10 section Social Negotiation, Constructivists share Vygotsky’s belief. Students develop a higher mental processes by interacting with each other. Students working in groups learn from each other by interacting, communicating and respecting one other’s work.  According to Anita Woolfolk, “To accomplish this exchange, students must talk and listen to each other” (364)

No comments:

Post a Comment